- September 3, 2017
- Posted by: Rodney Prescott
- Category: Health and Pharma
For nearly 4,000 years, marijuana has been used for medicinal purposes. It wasn’t until the 1940s (post-Prohibition), that powerful business interests successfully lobbied the United States Congress to move all derivatives of cannabis to a highly controlled status.
Since California first legalized cannabis for medicinal use in 1996, the tide has begun to swing back and extensive research over the course of the past 20 years has shown that this natural, organic substance has the potential to ease the suffering of individuals with chronic illnesses.
Interesting but true cannabis facts:
- There are no recorded deaths as a result of over consumption of cannabis.
- The lethal dose of marijuana has never been quantified because it is so high and impossible to achieve, but it is estimated at over 1500 pounds in 15 minutes
- There are no serious, lasting side effects. There are certainly risks and side effects to consuming marijuana, but they are more mild than those of most prescription drugs.
- Side effects generally subside in 45 minutes to an hour for inhaled cannibis, and 6-8 hours for ingested cannabis depending upon your body chemistry
- Smoking marijuana does NOT cause lung cancer. In fact, there is substantial research that smoking cannabis indicates a preventative effect on lung cancer.
- Cannabis does not interfere with, and does not interact with your other medications
- Cannabis does not have to be smoked, Intake methods include vaporization, ingested in food, taken under the tongue, or swallowed as a tincture, oil, or even juiced.
- Smoked or vaporized cannabis enters the bloodstream immediately. You can feel the impact immediately-often within seconds
- Cannabis supports the body as an anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and vasodialator.
- Cannabis is one of the most pharmacologically active plants on the planet, with over 400 different active chemicals.
- The active components of cannabis exist within a tiny crystal-like structure on the plant surface called trichome.
- Trichomes are most dense on the flower or bud. Leaves will have 25% of the density of the flower or the bud.
- THC is the psychotropic component of cannabis and must be heated to become active
- Cannabis has two common sub-species that are most commonly used for medical marijuana. They are Cannabis Indica L and Cannabis Sativa Lam.
- Cannabis Indica is known and used for its sedative and relaxing properties effective in treating medical issues like anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, muscle spasms and tremors. Indica often causes drowsiness, which is why many prefer taking it at night.
- Cannabis Sativa strains are more stimulating and often preferred for day use as they deliver a more psychoactive energetic-mind-high. This effect is caused by the higher THC levels in sativas than indicas.
- George Washington grew marijuana. Many suspect he smoked weed to offset the pain caused by his wooden dentures.
- The Jamestown Colony in 1619 passed legilation FORCING settlers to grow cannabis. Hemp was a mainstream cash crop that was used to make rope, fabirc and ship’s sails. It was literally against the law NOT to grow it.
- Suicide rates have dropped dramatically in Colorado since the legalization of medical and recreational marijuana.
Here at Calitreez, we pride ourselves on having created a welcoming and judgement free environment for our patients. Our Oceanside Marijuana Dispensary is the finest in the area, and provides prompt and reliable delivery to Oceanside, Carlsbad, Vista, San Marcos and surrounding areas.
We know the industry, our products and their effects, side effects and anticipated benefits. Take advantage of our knowledge and service and contact us.