Drug addiction is a disease, and one that is affecting New Jersey families at an alarming rate, even those in Tom’s River. If you believe you or a loved one has a drug or alcohol problem, we can help.
Scitegic.com’s National Hotline for drug treatment and rehab will connect you with the right center for your needs. Simply call the number below to get started.
How To Know If You Need Help?
Chances are if you are looking for drug treatment for yourself or a loved one, it’s because you need it. However if you are still unsure, you can check a series of factors that can indicate a drug or alcohol problem.
The first series of items you can check is physical indicators. Below are a few elements that may indicate a drug problem:
- Irritability, restlessness.
- Enlarged or dilated pupils.
- Sudden reduction in personal hygiene/cleanliness.
- Slurred speech, inability to hold a conversation.
Other aspects of a persons behavior might change as well, including:
- Unexplained disappearances or absence of family events/obligations.
- Sudden absences from work or school.
- Problems with the law.
While all of these could be indicative of other issues like depression or mental illness, they are also potential signs of drug or alcohol abuse. You will need to consult a medical professional or a full diagnosis.